Monday, October 22, 2007

The Beginning

–noun
1.an act or circumstance of entering upon an action or state: the beginning of hostilities.
2.the point of time or space at which anything begins: the beginning of the Christian era; the beginning of the route.
3.the first part: the beginning of the book; the beginning of the month.

So here I am - at the beginning. And where better to start than at the middle; the now. I'm not sure why now - maybe just that after so many years of being somewhere on the periphery it should be time to jump in. It seems that years ago when I was so full of angst, so alive, it was easy to let the words flow, even if it was through crummy poetry. But years have passed, with some happiness and much sorrow, and it's far easier to turn inside rather than out.

Hopefully this format will allow me to exorcise some things that I've just allowed to lay fallow and fester.

What happened to me? Who am I? What am I supposed to do now?

If someone reads this and it happens to make a connection - so be it. If not, the words exist somewhere other than my head.

To bed for now. Baby steps...

No comments: