Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm Sleeeping...

Yikes - overslept this morning and missed my first hour of work for my second job today. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I didn't have to work two jobs? I would have loved to be able to take my son for a weekend trip somewhere - maybe to the beach.

Sometimes the beach makes me think about my mom. When she found out that her breast cancer had returned, she had a desire to take off for the beach, so my son and I went with her. I remember that weekend as if it were yesterday. The weather was beautiful. We sat on the sand looking out at the ocean and cried. I didn't know then that she only had three more years to live.

From that weekend on until the day she died, I could literally feel her withdrawing into herself. It was as though she was no longer my mother - that she became someone else. It was the beginning of a huge shift in my world.

No comments: